Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pepper Sauce

Ok I talked about pepper sauce yesterday, it's something in almost every southern kitchen, even the restaurants keep it on the table. I had never had it before I moved south, but making it is extremely easy, as a matter of fact it's 2 ingredients vinegar (white) and hot peppers (store bought uses thai chilis, I use habaneros). Just get a jar that has a large enough opening for the peppers (I use salsa jars, but we have a nice decorative one too) fill it as full as possible with peppers (don't be afraid to press them in) then fill with vinegar, put the lid on and keep in the cabinet, let it sit for a couple of weeks, the peppers will lose their color, then pour on whatever you like (great on black eyed peas, and green beans).

No comments:

Post a Comment