Monday, February 6, 2012

Holy cow I didn't do a breakfast food yet.

I was just reading back on m y posts, and realized I haven't included anything for breakfast. I myself am not a big breakfast eater, due to my stomach issues. When I do I make French Toast about 60% of the time, nice and easy, and the kids devour it (although my kids are just as happy to eat a bowl of cereal, they may be a little weird). The important thing is make sure the pan you use is hot, and lightly greased (I use cooking spray).

Ingredients:
5 Slices of bread
2 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I sometimes use allspice instead, depends on mood)
butter, syrup, and powdered sugar for topping

Directions:
Preheat greased pan
Using a fork beat eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg in  a shallow bowl.
Lay a piece of bread in mixture, and flip, quickly place on pan and cook until egg at edges gets just dry, and flip, should have a dark golden brown color. Cook until other side is done, remove to plate, and apply butter. If making more than 5 can just add a little more milk, doing over 8 and add another egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment