Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fajitas

These are my own version of fajitas. I don't care for green peppers so mine doesn't have them.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons fajita seasoning (I have found Badia brand to be the best, and better than any combination I could come up with from my spice cabinet)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cumin 
1 pound chicken or beef (I love using chicken thighs, and have even used pork)
1 jar salsa (I use a roasted pepper one)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping
2 tablespoons sour cream plus more for topping
4-6 large tortillas
refried beans for topping (optional)

Directions:
Cut meat into bite size pieces.
Put meat in large skillet with olive oil, add fajita seasoning, and cumin, and cook until done. Add salsa and simmer until slightly thickened, add cheese and sour cream, and mix.
Heat tortillas on a hot griddle pan (I use a crepe pan)
fill with meat, cheese, sour cream, and beans, and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment