Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shredded pork tacos

Making this tonight to use some pork roast we have. Use your favorite taco seasoning (I'm still working on perfecting my homemade one so I use ortega for now) Does take a little bit since you really need to brine the roast for best flavor, and tenderness. To brine you need a gallon of water, 1/3 cup salt, a couple bay leaves, 2 tablespoons cumin, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, and a ziptop bag. Let the roast sit in the brine overnight. Rinse before cooking

Ingredients:
1-2 pound brined pork roast
water (enough to cover roast in a large pot)
2 packages of taco powder
1 jar salsa
shredded cheese (I use cheddar, and shred my own)
sour cream
tortillas

directions:
put roast in large pot, and cover with water. Boil until fork tender (about 2 hours) be sure to keep water level above roast. Remove from water, and shred with 2 forks. Mix in seasoning, warm tortillas, and serve with sour cream, and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment