Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mac and cheese

This is the simplest macaroni and cheese, and my kids devour it. You can use almost any cheese you like, but it has to be real cheese. It helps to let the cheese warm a little (I pull it from the fridge while I cook the noodles) I don't bake it, never saw a reason to, it just makes a crust of cheese, and I don't care much for that.
Ingredients:
8 oz (about a half a box) elbow macaroni
water (enough to cook macaroni)
tablespoon butter
1 cup milk
1/2 pound cheddar cheese (I use block, but good shredded works ok, cheap stuff will separate and be oily)
salt
Directions:
boil water add a little salt, and macaroni. Cook until tender, and drain. Return to pot add milk, and butter, and stir in cheese slowly (add a little and stir until melted) add a little more milk to make creamier, salt to taste.

That's it, pretty easy, and takes about 30 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment