Sunday, November 27, 2011

Peanut butter goodies

These were a treat I had growing up, all our schools made them, and sold them for I think $.25 and we all devoured them. I have developed an allergy to peanuts, but would gladly deal with it for these things. Note this is not my original recipe, but was shared to me by one of the school cooks.

Ingredients:
2 Cups Peanut butter (creamy style)
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter or margarine
3/4 Cup Light brown sugar
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
12 Ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Direction:
Mix everything except butter, and chocolate until crumbly. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Roll with rolling pin until sheet is covered.

Melt chocolate chips, and butter, and spread over peanut butter.

Refrigerate 1 hour, and cut into bars. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment