Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kielbasa with sauerkraut

One of my favorite dishes is also one of the easiest ever. If you can cut some sausage into chunks, and open a can (or jar) of sauerkraut, you can make this.All you do is take a package of kielbasa, cut into chunks about 1/2 inch thick or so, put in a skillet and cook briefly (just a little carmalization) add a large can of sauerkraut, and mix, cook on medium heat until heated through, serve. Not much easier than that, and my kids devour it (last time I made it for myself, I was surprised to have finished it all off). Bonus use the left over sauerkraut on your hot dogs, it's gets a little flavor from the sausage, and is great for topping. I like to make my mac and cheese to got with it http://foodigogo.blogspot.com/2012/01/mac-and-cheese.html.

1 comment:

  1. I add a grated apple, chopped onion and about a 1/4 cup of brown sugar to my sauerkraut. Add the kielbasa or smoked sausage and cook it all day in a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete