Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pork roast

Ok I am finally cooking something tonight, decided to do a small pork roast since everyone is sick. Somehow I managed to not get the Pepsi, or my pork stock in the picture, but the stock was homemade and everyone knows a can of cola I think. For sides we are having some kernel corn, and Mac n cheese.

Ingredients:
1 pork roast
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 can cola (mine's Pepsi)
2 cups pork stock
2 cups water
Garlic salt (or garlic powder, I'm out of garlic powder, may need to add a dash of salt)
Cumin
Chili powder
Italian seasoning
Bay leaves
Pepper


Directions:
Cut onion in quarters, and peel and slice garlic. Place in bottom of roasting pan. Place roast on top of veggies, and apply seasonings to all sides (let a bit hit the bottom of pan too). Add liquid use water to bring just to bottom of roast. Cook at 350 for an hour or until done (temp of 160) let rest 10 minutes to get to final temp. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment